R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evolution V
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM
DrKucho
Tech Adept

here is my mods to fit maxamps 8000 in my evo V

my firt experience was not cool , i had a frontal crash and the battery did not handle it right, the upper 2 cells slided few milimeters to the front, i did put foam in the front down battery holder to portect of frontal crashes but because the foam ws only in the down part, the two upper cells slided , nothing serious as you can move them back but this thing could be avoid if maxamps guys buit it with double side tape between each cell i think

the alu plate is secured by only the boby clips, its enough to keep it tigh as there is no slop between battery and alu plate, i needed to unscrew the metal body clips holders a little bit to get the battery in

here you can see more pics

remember this mod is not secure completly , i need to figure out how avoid upper cells slipping on frontal crash , i put a couple of rubber bands around the post as you can see in second group of pictures, but it doesnt work also , i tested with second frontal crash LOL

the blue alu knucles are by SQUARE , they did it for evo IV but as you probably know they share same knucle so it fits just perfect,good news are they are light and very strong ( i crashed the car many times and they look just perfect) bad news are they are expensive .

theese one are cheaper, and maybe strongers as they are alloy ones

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=23174

or there are also knucles by TOPCAD i just daw them on rc-mart but looks like somebody bought the last stock because it is not showing up anymore , t was 8.5 dollars if i remember well