R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread
Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 AM
jiml
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
most of these races are handouts, you get what you get and you have to make it work.....19t is just as bad....

mod is a whole nother game....building mod motors at races will be the death of me... that is the hardest thing of all

I think I see a problem. You and Eddie are on one page, and I'm on another. You guys are talking about big races (ROAR nats, Snowbirds, IIC) and I'm talking about my local track. There's a big difference between the two.

Not everybody wants to go to "the big races." There are many who just want to go to the track and race with their buddies. They get a kick out of watching the fast guys, but they don't want to race them. They know what it will take to compete with those guys, and they just don't want the hassle. Why do we insist on slamming the door in these guys faces?

Now the local track could say stock is for beginners only, but what about the fast guy who's going to the nats to run stock? Do yo tell him sorry no? Not a good idea either.

This is a far more complex problem than just who should run stock. We need to get together on this, not just trade rhetoric.