R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Horatio
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Horatio - I think it's the combination of the competitive nature of racing, and the unrealistic importance of winning races or finishing well that seems to be finding its way into our HOBBY (notice the lack of using both words there because I don't care one bit about being diplomatic).

Too much pressure to attend and do well at big races, too many racers with the goals of being sponsored, too much nonsense. I've seen kids go from having fun at the race track and dads enjoying that time with their kids, to screaming at each other and kids running into the parking lot crying, all because of a couple sponsors at a toy car race. Unbelieveable.

That's not to say I'm not competitive, but there MUST be a limit to it. Race organizers, sanctioning bodies, and companies with sponsored drivers all need to step up and start enforcing decent behavior, and it needs to start at the club level. You might lose one customer by banning a hothead from the track, but you'll lose LOTS of racers who won't want to get hit by equipment being thrown across the pits.
Agreed. It's a shame your input wasn't available at the said committee meeting, perhaps the outcome might have been more beneficial for the majority of the membership at that time!

I took time-out from racing for numerous reasons, but still enjoy the non-competitive side of RC (note cunning use of neither word!! ).

However, the racing itch is getting the better of me again, so I sense a return to the Truggy class is on the cards pretty soon.....