R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM
mini-dub
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Great job to you and Alex. My EC was really good yesturday on are new layout. It had more traction than normal to as they just resprayed the track to. Traction was insane to say the least.

I ended up trying 4 run old RP30's in practice......too much traction and twitchy as all heck. Then I tried TO32's and they where smoother overall. 3rd run I tried some well worn RP30's and they to ran pretty smoothly. For the main I actually ran my good pair of RP30's along with 6 degree caster blocks and the car was smoother than it was all day long and ran my fastest times in the main. Ended up taking the win.
I'm not sure if you have found this out on youre own, but it seems like that is what you experianced in your race. Old tires will make more traction (up until they're completely worn out ), but they can cause the car to be harder to drive and traction roll. New tires are faster and make less traction. Very cool you were able to run 6º caster in high bite with a newer set of shoes though, I always try and run as much caster as possible. I was thinking about figuring out some way to drill a 8º block or something to test that... hmmm PW???

As for the Ti hingepins, I'm always just running the steel ones because you have to hit something HARD to bend them. That way I'm never worried its the hinge pins about if my car is driving tweaked. Also most the cars are under weight so the steel hinge pins add a little bit of weight evenly around the chassis, and down low as well so they dont raise the CG.