R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:26 AM
GTB_USER_Erik
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gtsum
It is very, very easy to use. This is the only one I have used (I wanted the Hudy one, but everyplace is out of stock). I got this from CarolinaRC. I talked to the guy there and he said there was things about the TM one he liked better and some things about the Hudy one that he liked better....so not sure what the differences are (one difference is the book that comes with the TM station is a little pamphlet...the Hudy book looks to be about 56 pages long!) I did have to use washers on each axle (outside the setup station) to take up some space as you could not screw the lock nuts onto the axle enough to make the setup station nice and snug on the axle....overall, I still cannot believe how much I was off with using the rpm camber gauge!

One more thing...the first time I used the station, I did it without fuel in the tank....I thought about that a bit and decided to fill the tank about 1/2 full and do the setup again.....the 1/2 tank of fuel made a difference as well, as I had to tweak my settings a bit....(I figure if I do the setup at 1/2 tank, that is a good compromise). Overall, I am very glad I got this thing (and I am not a serious racer by any means).
Well it sound like it really makes a differance. I will have to check this out....
Thanks for the reply