R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Ronny.A
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

After reading hundreds of 8ight pages here & there, I'd like to know what Brand of servos people have been using. I mean that I would like to have correct info/Brand from the one that have broken them, and I would like to know what Brand was/is used by those of you whom haven't had a problem at all. I think I'm starting to see a pattern on this, and maybe we can figure it out.

I myself use Futaba 9351 servos.

From what I see/read - there are certain servos that dies much easier then others, and in some cases where a High End servo dies, they are set up wrong.

And from what I have seen/read, nobody has expressed there concern regarding the servo-trays "pole" that presses on the servos wires. With cheap servos, vibration, heat weakening solder-joints etc, the wires may get ripped on the print-board.

Also, for those of you who have had there servos die, just to the "magically" work again Open the bottom of your servo, there you will find small pearls f water that has build up due to condens! (hope that's the correct English word). If not, I'll explain further ok.

At this time of year, it's cold. When you are out driving your car - the engine & servos will heat up. Then your car sits still for a little while, and the warmt inside your servos gets rapidly cooler due to the Now cold wether. This turns into condes (water) as soon as you fire up your buggy.

And
this is the main reason for the condes, your HEAT-GUN! This really really build condes within seconds, and your servos WILL start acting very perculiar for sure.

Hope this will help some of you get thru the winter-racing a bit easier now

Btw, if you wondering how I know, I live in NORWAY