R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eXpress Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
A_Stratus
Tech Addict

What a great event...I had a blast even though I couldn't qualify worth a damn lol

I think I put in the best run I ever had in my 19 turn D main though. I started in 5th and in the first corner I moved up to 4th. By the end of the 2nd lap I believe I was in 3rd and then by the next couple laps I was leading! I wasn’t leading by much though I had Team Associated Driver/ TC5's main designer Bob Stellflue on my arse the rest of the race! And when I say that I mean he was like no more than 3 feet from me for like 4 minutes. I was just holding my line and wheeling the snot out of the car trying to hold him off. He had a touch more power than me but I kept saying to myself "just hold your line and there’s no way he will get by." It was awesome hearing everyone "ouing" and "awwing" the whole run! I was told like everyone in the building was watching the race we had going on!!! I did that and just held my line for the rest of the race and was busting off fast and consistent laps while doing so! I was so impressed with myself. I never knew I could run like that before lol So the last minute of the race came and I was still like,” JUST HOLD YOUR LINE!!!" I did that for the rest of the race but on the last corner he touched my rear right wheel and spun me around and into the boards _bad_ He got booed LOL He was waiting a little bit but then the 3rd place driver came around so the guy who took me out took off too so I finished 3rd _bad_ I got shafted pretty good on that one but really that was the most fun I think I ever had in onroad racing _good_ I was talking with that Bob Stellflue after the run for a while and he kept on apologizing to me. I was like no worries I had a great time, even though I got robbed on that run LOL

After we got off the drivers stand we shuck hands and I had Keven Hebert come up to me and he told me I had an awesome race there and said he was really impressed! I couldn’t believe that! Then I had Bobby Flack, Craig Xavier and a few others do the same! It really made me feel good _good_ through out the rest of the day I had random people come up to me and congratulate me on the awesome run that I had. It was pretty sweet _shiner_ Then I go upstairs and I have Rob and James Reilly looking at me in shock saying "Where the hell did you learn to wheel a car like that!?!" LMFAO It was cool knowing we had the whole place watching our run! One of the greatest feeling you can have in rc. I wish Tag was able to see it though because it would have been the only good run he seen me put in all week . He was busy getting Cickies motor ready for his main though.

So in the end I ended up taking home a pair of plaques which was pretty cool. I ran a consistent race in stock as well but I just couldn’t get any speed out of my car. Oh well I still had a good time.

I'd like to thank some people though

John Tag for helping me out with motor tunning and setup advice
Craig Xavier for setup help and just beign there with general help
James Reilly for letting "TEAM CANIDA" stay at his house LOL
Nate Teshsakol-ICH LOL for bringing me back into the "fun" of rc! I had a great time!
Erin and Louis Zonta for the motor cooler and for the good laughs and times!
Wayne Vince for the setup tips and encouragement!
Andy Vetor thank you for being Andy Your da man!!!
Chris Persyn, Darko Varga and Victor Garcia for the home support!

Last but certainly not least
Jeff Beaule for just being there with any help I needed and the encouragement you gave me was great! Thanks a bunch!
Rob Say thanks "DUDE" LOL for putting up pitting beside me lol We had some killer games going on in foosball and in darts.

Had a great time! I can't wait to hit the Meltdowns track with my 19 turn car _blah_ WOO HOOO!!!

Stratus