R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 07:12 PM
OB42TC3

Originally posted by DaveW
Anyone ever tried springs inside your shocks? Wolfe sells a progressive kingpin spring set for the front of pan cars that work well inside TC shocks with certain tire sizes on smooth high bite tracks. The less shock extension at rideheight, the better the springs worked. The idea is to make sure they are not preloaded at ride height... They let you run a stiffer spring for rebound (outside spring) and thicker oil. Its pretty cool, it handles kinda like an independent swaybar... if there is such a description. I used the Teflon coated (grey) .53 stroke front buggy shocks when i was doing this. I also tried the ASC front end springs for pan cars in varying poundages... but they scored the shock shafts really bad and didnt seem as consistent. Losi also sells some internal springs for the XX-4... but they are only available in one tension. Just thought i would share...
- Dave
I've thought about it. They would help to limit roll like cutting droop but with reduced risk of lifting tires and losing traction.