R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 08:20 PM
rezenclowd3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi8ight: I also checked the epa and set it up according to the pics earlier in this thread. My first outing with the 8 (also my first thing bigger than a Stadium Truck) and I went through 2 Airtronics 94358s and a friend threw me a JR 550 (ya i know, wrong throttle servo for sure but I had only less than 10 minutes with the buggy) That also went, but at about one hour of driving Im seriously pissed about this, but still had fun nonetheless. The carb was set so there was still 2-3mm of play at WOT, and I set the brakes on the light side, especially with the JR since it doesnt have enough torque anyway. I dunno what to do, my carb is as parallel to the throttle linkage as can be and I cut part of the ballcup off so the spring wouldnt bind (still play at "full" brakes)

This all happened today btw. Friggen blows. Buggy is awesome to drive though. Maybe I need more play? The 358s are more than up to the task for throtttle. I lubed my carb also which was moving freely by hand. Ill try to get pics tomorrow after I clean the buggy.