R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX5
Thread: MBX5
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know when I ran a Losi XXXS sedan, the droop screws were pretty much useless because the points where they pressed down flexed so much. So we adjusted droop by changing shock length and it was a pain in the ass. Every time you changed anything, you had to change the shock length to adjust droop back to where it was.

Speaking of droop, I've been wondering how you guys measure your droop? In on road, we use what I call "True Droop." I measure the ride height, then lift that end of the car until the tires just come off the table and measure it again. The difference is your droop. (5mm ride height, lift up the back of the car until the tires just lift off and measure it in the same spot and it's 8mm, you have 3mm of droop.) We do this so that we get consistent droop measurement. If you raise your ride height and don't add droop, you're actually taking droop away too. But by measuring droop on a static gauge (like described in the manual) it's not taking ride height, pivot block height, etc.. into account. Also if your spot on the suspension arm where you're supposed to measure from is damaged or scraped, that'll throw off your measurement as well. Does anyone in off road use the method I use in off road or is it just not that big of an issue?