R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 06:42 AM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
using your same arguement then.. you would not be able to run a ball diff in a Mini chassis..

Tamiya has NO ball diff listed as a hopup for the Mini chassis.. Manta Ray.. yep.. TA04 (I think this is the other one people use?) yes.. but not Mini.

As for Canada... Our group has confirmed with Tamiya Canada that the 1 way is legal.

Now.. weather that is the same in the US.. or Worlds etc.. I have no idea.

James
The rule reads the same in Canada "4. Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and/ or spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for." I can't find a list of available "Canadian" hop-up parts on the Tamiya Canada website but on the U.S. website (http://www.tamiyausa.com/) you can look at a particular chassis and view a list of available hop-ups FOR that particular chassis. The Manta Ray AND TA04 ball diffs are listed there as hop-ups and are therefore legal but there is no 1-way listed. Maybe Canadian rules are different but if you won the trip to Japan....get ready to change it because it won't be legal there. Not really sure why Tamiya Canada would approve something that isn't legal anywhere else but who knows.