R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 12:16 PM
JOSH K
Tech Rookie

Talking Thanks TEX

Originally Posted by tex1
Sway bars are tricky. They are actually minor adjustments that favor more of how the car is in the corners. Thicker sway bars in the rear will increase steering and allow the car to rotate more. Thicker sway bar in the front will provide more on power steering and less off power steering.
IMO - Stay with the mediums until you get used to the broader adjustments.

Droop - When you hold your car off the table, look at it from the side. When you are holding the chassis level the rear tires should be extended more than the front tires. Make sure they are even from side to side. To best do this just use wheels without rubber mounted.

Antisquat is adjusted by changing the back pin retaining plate. 3T - 3A is what I run. When the traction is real high I run 2T - 3A. This is a toe adjustment. If you adjust the A side it is antisquat. More antisquat is better in the rough and provides more forward bite. Less antisquat is better on the smooth and provides more side bite. This is a medium adjustment that is mostly driver preference.
Good Luck!

TEX
Thanks TEX again now I am running the black sway bar in the front and back. When do I need to make adjustments as far as like just moving the sway bar in or out. I know I need to losen the sent screws and then do I need to move it foward or backwards for what track conditions or like lets say the rear of my buggy is turning to much when I come into corners so what do I need to adjust do I need to give it more swaybar or take away sway bar and or do I need to adjsu the droop also. Thanks TEX you are the man. Sorry for all the questions but I am a begginer at 1/8th scale buggys and I really appriciate your help. I am even printing out the tips you give me and taking them with me to my lhs track in case I need to look back at them. Thanks again