R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Well last night my EC was working better than it has in a few weeks. This week I really started making changes and stumbles onto something. After the 1st round and my car still not turning in like I wanted I decided to lenghten ther rear wheelbase. I went to mid long for the 2nd round and the car was faster overall and was smooth to drive. For tht eh 3rd round I went to the long setup in the rear arms and the car went oven faster and ran my faster lap on this layout ever and my overall average times where better.

I was thinking of next time I run to maybe shorten the rear arms back to mid short and then move the rear hubs back all the way so that I loose just a tick of rear toe in but still get a longer car. Car was really easy to drive.

I have the front shocks all the way out on the tower and in the rear all the way in on the tower with white Schumacher springs.

Not sure why it got better but as it was set longer it was better. I'm not going to complain thats for sure.
What surface was this on?

I have tended to run short wheel base at the back (racing outdoors) to help put the weight over the rear wheels to prevent oversteer etc.
Others have mentioned I might be getting the pendulum effect where the rear is to short and the weight can throw the back end out

I thought short wheel base was supposed to help the car turn (under control)?

Skiddins