R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Input on Exceed-RC Xtreme buggy engine?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 01:12 PM
FrankW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Input on Exceed-RC Xtreme buggy engine?

Alright, I'm trying to get this engine running for a customer (getting paid $30/hour ) and this car is a POS. It's an Exceed-RC 10th scale nitro buggy, some no name internet stuff.

I'm thinking it has an air-leak in the carb. The car will start but won't run for more than a few seconds and the needle setting seems to jump around more than a rabbit on too much caffiene. I took apart the carb and there are no seals around the fuel nipple input and the O-ring around the base of the carb looks too thin to seal properly. There are no air bubbles in the fuel lines and the pipe is clear.

Another problem seems to be that the clutch sticks constantly. This car is brand new and just sucks.

I warned the guy about buying a no-name car off the internet because part-support is non-existant. It's already cost him $30 for me to see what's wrong with it and try and tune it. It'll probebly end up costing him another $60 for the time I'm putting into this carb and I'm not charging him for the sillicon, o-rings and a new glowplug.

Should've just bought an RC10GT2 like I hold him, lol. Oh well.

Anyways, anyone else have experiance with these engines from Exceed-RC? My boss said he had the same issues with a car he's trying to get running for another customer, but hasn't yet figured it out.

-Frank