R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 AM
djgoku
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I run the stock gear diff and shim it tight with 5 shims 3 on 1 side and 2 on the other and it's allmost like a spool very little diff action the car ripps off the conner!!!
I’ve haven’t had much fun in many races, last Saturday got the fastest lap on the A main tanks to your GREAT TIPS, tank you very much to all of you in this great forum
Muahdib4, Customworksking, Akuhon, Axle182, etc.............
Unfortunately had a crash and lost power on lap 30 and had to reset the ESC but the car was great.

I made the 4 shims on the diff: from best lap with stock diff 17.919 to 17.432 almost ½ second faster. Tanks Customworksking.
Lowered ride height Front to 6mm and rear 6.5 but the car was still turning over entering fast turns, the car can be lowered more?
Mounted RP tires 36´s all around with hard inserts
Our club rules only allow original dampers (friction ones) so I couldn’t change springs, what we do is fill them with grease, any help with Friction Dampers?

And the best of all, the guy I was talking about lapping us like crazy won by4 laps, BUT he didn’t pass the tech inspection, he was using ball diff and other hop ups not allowed in our club HE WAS CHEATING.

Tanks