R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 09:02 AM
gotpez
Tech Adept

I was probably one of the last holdouts, but I finally tried my TC3 with the batteries moved forward.

All I can say is, if you haven't tried it yet, do it now!

I race on a carpet track and have always felt that my car was handling very well. Last week we had a driver come in and take my track record by about a lap and a half. Well, that pretty much lit my fire. I know I'm not the best driver out there, but I don't like being down by that much.

This weekend I ran my car in the first qualifier as I always had. Batteries in the back. The car felt good, but still didn't have the lap times I needed to see. So, I moved the batteries forward and reset the tweak. I put it on the track expecting it to be a little loose compared to what I had felt before. I was wrong!! The front end was absolutely nailed to the track from the middle to the exit of the corner and a little less aggressive on the entrance. The back end just followed along as it should have, I never felt it break loose. I gained one full lap from my previous best time with only that change!

I still haven't milled my chassis to move the batteries in, but that will be done before too long now.

Jeff Gilligan