R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 ROAR Carpet On-Road Nats @ CEFX
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 06:39 AM
HarshGuy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Guys,

I've been working hard on trying to get everyone some information. Here's what I know:

Motors - Handouts will be Trinity in some sort/form/fashion...lol.. ROAR won't tell me what the handouts will be - They want it to be a secret... Why? I have no clue...

Updates on class counts - No clue. I guess the entries go to ROAR, then over to Doug but I never see them so I am as in the dark as you guys.

Weekend before the event will be the ROAR Region 5 Champs. I have to do the paperwork but it should be an awesome warm-up for the Nats as a ton of people are supposed to be in town early!!

Schedule is as follows:

Monday - Facility is 2pm-9pm for pit set-up and hobby shop use. NO PRACTICE as the new track layout is being built on Monday
Tuesday - 2pm-9pm is Open Practice.
Wednesday - 10am-9pm Open Practice
Thursday - 9am-9pm Open Practice
Friday - 8am-10am Registration/Controlled Practice - 11am 2 Rounds of Qualifying
Saturday - 8am-10am Registration/Controlled Practice - 11am 2 Rounds of Qualifying
Sunday - 8am-9am Controlled Practice - 9:30am Start Triple A-Mains

Here's the link to the entry form!!!

http://cefxraceway.net/page/1dzjq/07...Nationals.html

Also, we've added Diggity Designs as another sponsor for the event!
Thanks for getting us the info you were able to get! ...seems kind of odd that there is so little information given out from ROAR on this race to date. I know when we did our nats last year we were constantly advertising/promoting the races (both carpet and asphalt), I even setup a website specifically for the 2 nationals ( http://www.2006roarnats.com ) and coded up an online signup system. By this time last year (i.e. 4 weeks before the nats) there was 172 signups for the carpet nats. Sounds like you're doing a great job getting the track ready for the race, wish I could make this one but got other family commitments during that timeframe, do you know if there is going to be online scoring and video of the race?