R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 06:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well ran rubber tires on carpet for the first time ever last night. WOW was that fun. I hope I get to do that again soon. Really have to drive the cars and not make mistakes to get fast runs.

I ran at Horshem last night as many of us planned to run rubber tires. They ha no problems allowing us to run rubber tires. I used Weylins setup from Vegas. Car was aweful for my first run with CS-27 (used tires). After that I put on a set of RP-30s and each run after that just kept getting better and better without having to change the car. The track just came in to the car setup and by main time I was running faster laps each run. Only really messed with droop all day.

I ended up qualifying 2nd out of 12 guys. In the main we had a 3 car freight train for the first 2 or 3 laps. The leader made a mistake and I got by and 3rd went by as well. I battle for the last 3 minutes and swapped leads several times til with about 20 seconds to go I made a mistake and ened up being 5 feet behind at the finsh. 1st thru third less than 3 seconds apart. I did run the faster lap of the night in the main so that also made me feel good as well. Car was very consistant lap after lap.

My old school EC was hooked up well. I did have the stock asphalt chassis on as I don't own anything for carpet racing but to me the car worked great.