R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 02:57 PM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

teamsherman- Welcome!! I don't think you could have picked a better starter car for your class!! With the 540 sealed endbell can motor power is on a short supply, and the extra rip of the TC3 could make up for any speed problems...... I have ran that motor in TCS races locally so I can help a little......

-- use as little toe as possible front and rear...... try 0 deg. front and -2 deg rear... This will allow the car to scrub as little speed on the straights as possible....

-- work on getting the car to turn corners as fast as possible, maintaining as much speed thru them to reduce the need for accelerating from a dead stop.....

-- Make sure your drive-train is as free as possible

-- Use 64 pitch gears, it is alot easer to get taller gear ratios that you wll need for the motor

-- Practice, ractice, practice, wear out your batteries practicing if necessary!!!.....

-- As far as further set-ups I would start with the kit settings except for the toe as mentioned above. Then post your set-up and what problems you are having and we can send you in the right direction to help you get faster.....