R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX5
Thread: MBX5
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:41 AM
RYAN BARNES
Tech Regular

Well for most of the problems that your having, the things I listed above are the corrections to your setup that need to be made to fix them. As for the bushings you can pick up a complete set very cheap, part # (MUGE 0111). And in an earlier popst you mentioned where I use o-rings to internally dampen my shocks (or limit droop) and you said it would take 13mm internally to get it where you run it with the set screws! NO WAY! With 13mm of limit inside a shock your arms would stay level when you pick the buggy up, and you don't want that at all. I use Losi o-rings that come in the 8ight shock rebuild kit, it has various other o-rings in the pack but I take out the 8 thick black o-rings, as I go to put the shock thru the body I put 1 thick black o-ring on the shaft, and then when it comes out of the body I put 1 more thick black o-ring on the shaft before I screw the shock end on, this one on the outside acts as a bumper when the buggy bottoms out, and the one internal limits the shock when it's at full travel. I do all 4 shocks this way and take the set screws out of the arms, and when my buggy is on a stand at full down travel the notch on the bottom side of my MBX5R arms is about 2mm from touching the chassis.

Last edited by RYAN BARNES; 01-25-2007 at 09:55 AM.