R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 06:28 AM
tex1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Turbine,
I have driven alot of vehicles and have owned and raced quite a few. If I didn't own it myself, there were guys in the shop that did. We helped all of them with setup and upgrades.
The Losi car is by far the car that I have done the least to. It just does not need much. If you do "upgrades" then it is more for what is preferred than what is a short comming of the car. It is extremely durable.
It has the prowess to take you where ever you want to go.

It does not come without quirks. These are little things with this design you have to pay attention to. But hey! No matter what happens at the track, you can make it work. Not just work..... but go extremely fast as well.

It is different than all the other cars out there. It drives more like an onroad car. It can be twichy. You can dial it out. You can make it rotate, steer and just fly out of a corner. You can set it up to drive sideways if you want. I have not seen a car with these broad characteristics. We have very different drivers here in Dallas. They all are making it work.

The plastics are as good as Kyosho. The gears are as good as Xray. The acceleration is second to none. It steers like a Hyper 8. It stays together comming off a bad landing. Its design is all LOSI.

Get me some clutch shoes and shock O-rings and this thing would be a 12 on a 1 - 10 scale.

TEX
<---- not done yet!