R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Stew Noble
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by finch
Ive been racing my HB moorespeed for about a month now using stock motors (27t). I already had two titanium coated diff screws break on me and problems with the Mip driveshafts pins popping out.

Has anyone else been experiancing these problems, i know alot of people have had problems with the diff screws, has anyone come up with a solution or is there a different make diff i can use or diff screw?

The second diff screw i'm still puzzled how its broke, the car was fine at practice and going really well, taken the wheels of 2nite and noticed that the diff is now broke!

Any advice would be most appreciated

Mike
The 'solution' to breaking diff screws its quite simple, it's almost always down to the build and resulting in a too tightly adjusted or a stressed diff screw.
When tightening the diff screw don't over tighten then back off to the point at which the diff is smooth but no slip, instead tighten it up slowly in small increments untill the desired tension is reached, if you've got time this process is eased if you break the diff in prior to final tightening.

The MIP cvd's require the use of threadlock on the grubscrew and will need to be tightened up very securely.