R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
King-G
Tech Fanatic

the biggest confusion about droop is caused by the numerous ways of measuring it!...the hudy guages etc use a larger number to indicate less droop!...its rediculous!

My method is to place the chassis with tires on Hudy 20mm raiser blocks, then already knowing my ride height, I use a RPM adjustable ride height guage, knowing that say my rear ride height is 5mm, and i want 3mm of droop, I subract, my ride height (say 5mm), and my droop( say 3mm) added = 8
from 20( the raiser blocks), giving me 12mm,

this is what i set my RPM guage to, and adjust the droop screws until the tire touches the guage. This method is exact, works perfectly, and you get the proper amount of droop you require..FROM THE TIRE!!!..

what is the point of measuring droop at the arm or hub?..they dont make contact with the track!...different inserts, tires etc will all effect ride height, and therefore your droop..so always measure ride height, then droop from the tire!to have an exact measurement.

BigDog is spot on...rear droop affects off power (entry), front droop affects on Power (exit).

Picture a 2wd offroad car...how they pitch on and off power...droop is limiting this pitch, and reducing weight transfer to the opposite end of the car.

Last edited by King-G; 03-03-2003 at 03:42 PM.