R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 01:29 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys, greetings from Malta.

We had another good day at the 10th round of our Nationals yesterday, my son's TC3 with all it's latest mods performing just as we had hoped.

Josh has now won all 10 rounds of the championship and made fastest lap each time too.

This was only our second outing with the milled chassis. During mid week testing we found out that the new alloy centre shaft (prop shaft) is a retrograde step and consigned it to the bin. I hope AE realise this and get back to producing the more reliable, and lighter carbon centre shaft.

The original shaft has had 3 years of hard racing and never complained. The alloy shaft failed on it's 4th run, simply because the car got airborne on one of the kerbs. Josh rides the kerbs regularly and we have never had any problems, yet the first open throttle landing with the new shaft and it twists like a banana. Glad it happened during testing and I was able to replace it with the original carbon shaft.

Putting the original shaft back on did of course mean moving ther cells back out 1mm but that wasn't too difficult.

Throughout the championship Josh has been using the following equipment, which has been totally reliable.

Associated TC3 prepared by John Bull Racing.
Novak GT7 speedo.
Novak XXL receiver.
Novak Millenium Pro charger.
Corally Pro Series modified motors.
Corally / Panasonic UMH 3000 Pro Team cells - we have a 3000 limit here.
KO Propo digital servo.
Protoform bodyshell.
Sorex tyres.

Next round in 2 weeks time, but next week the first F1 Grand Prix. Who is it going to be!!!!!!

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.