R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Dark - We just can't win. We used to do what you suggested and we got beat on by everyone complaining about buying a $269 car then having to buy $400 in hop ups for it.

So the Mi2EC sold for $419.99 and the Carpet Spec sold for $439.99 (because of the diff and 2.5mm carbon is 20% more expensive than 2mm) and they came with EVERYTHING. In reality these cars were way cheaper to buy and race compared to what we used to sell.
That reminds me when I was talking to the Schumacher rep @ the Chicago Hobby show (Paul or Adrian, sorry about I forgot who I talked to). I told them Mi2EC was one of the few top end RC car that does not lower everything (lower CG so called) like the typical T2, cyclone, RDX, 415....etc and still can run as good as others. That is something sucessfull about Schumacher.

However, they told me (back then) the Mi3 will be low CG like everyone else....it is ALL because that is the standard of the market. Afterall, Schumacher is a business. Of course, they can continue to fight against the odd and be different, but the customer will think the new Mi3 is not as good as T2007, RDX Phi , 415 MSXXXXX because it does not offer low CG of everything just like the others. And they cannot compare.

Business is always business, if the car does not attract buyers, it will never be a good car.