View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
Hi odpurple!

I was really interested in that point.

We do not race stock in the UK, its 19T Spec or open modified (including brushless). Our nationals are arranged as a 19T meeting on the Saturday and Modified on the Sunday. The general feeling is that "1/12th is made for modified". Part of this I am sure is due to the way the car rolls on with the reduced motor drag of a modified or brushless motor.

When you back off on a 19T there is all of this false weight transfer that happens due to the motor cogging etc. It must be worse with a stocker. I must admit that I do not understand why you would want to run these rubbish motors! Ok I agree that a 4.5 star brushless in a 12th is a handfull but the j o y of it!

That aside, your approach of running the speedo so dead stick is making the car drive forward slightly is something I should have tried a long time ago in 19T! I actually did this last weekend.... yes there is something in it.

It felt strange sitting on the start line with the stick pulled back waiting for the go. Is this what you do also? Feels clumsy getting away. You do this for finals also?

Cheers

Mark

Here in Florida we run 19T 1/12th. Most are too scared to run Mod and 27T is too slow for the tracks we run on (~140'x70').

However up North US drivers run on 60'x40' tracks (or smaller), on carpet with traction compound where you lift to half throttle for hairpins which are just the end of a 2" pipe. 27T motors seem pretty fast, 19T are REALLY fast and Mod is only for guys like Cyrul and Blackstock.

Oh and we run roll throttle (car rolls slowly at neutral trigger) all the time in 27T and 19T.