R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 07:58 AM
BrainMuffin
Tech Initiate

I know that more anti-squat will make the rear end feel stiffer, so it would have more steering, but less rear traction. Less anti-squat is the opposite.

Team Driver Tips by Chad Bradley

I like to adjust the anti squat for the ruts. A majority of the time, if the track is smooth, I like the 2 degree block. Generally on a smooth track the 2 degree block is always best. But depending on the shape of the ruts or how fast you're hitting them determines if more or less is better. Let us say you're driving full throttle down a straight away that's pretty rutted and you're hitting the bumps at a pretty high rate of speed. More anti squat is better because its not allowing your car to bottom out. If you're driving out of a tight turn and it's rutty on the exit, less would be better. And if a jump is rutty on the face (and is causing car to jump inconsistent), then less is better most of the time. The shape of the bump will also determine which is better. Sharp rut (pot hole type) more anti squat is better. Rolling rut (usually seen on loamy tracks) less is better. When I say less anti squat, I'm referring to the 1 degree and more is the 2 or 2.5. I haven't yet tried the 3 on the buggy. It also has an effect on how much your car squats on throttle. More anti squat is less squat and vice versa.