R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
There have been 2 EC drive shafts. The ones that came in the kit with a purple axles and the new ones we have had for the last 3 months with the black axles. Both are part number U3020 but the old ones are long gone so only the improved ones are on the market now.

The improved U3020 drive shafts have spring steel pins, a new center barrel with a close end to support the pin and a hard anodized axles for more CVD joint durability.

If you have a problem snapping CVD pins give Schumacher USA a call we will get you the new improved drive shafts.
Nice...I knew I can count on the support. Thanks you and MattW....I think I was replacing that pin at least 10 times and thought it was the nature of the material....most of the time, it got jammed into the steering knuckle and grinded off the plastic inside and then the pin will snapped....and I just found out 2 of the pin at the rear of my foam car was 1/2 missing...only the set screw was holding the reminding 1/2 of the pin...

I have to have the front axle replaced, at least on my foam car...the rubber car axle seems last a little longer may be because rubber car has less traction compare to foams (on carpet..)

Last edited by Solara; 12-27-2006 at 08:23 AM.