R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 12:37 AM
wrxnfx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

wagonman72, someone on this forum filled me in on why you would know best if parts are still available. We only have a handful of hobby shops here in Hawaii and they usually order through the three of the larger mainstream U.S. distributors (to protect the guilty). Some of the Pro4 parts I tried to order, I was told by the owners that they could not get because the distributors are telling them that HPI has discontinued the parts and only Cyclone parts are available. If HPI USA hasn't discontinued the parts, that's great to know, but if you can't get them that doesn't help much either. I know it's not the owners making up stories because I've known most of them for years and a two of them would go through great lengths to find parts for me. From a customer standpoint, this doesn't make HPI look good even if it's not HPI causing the problem. I have this feeling that these distributors are not ordering the Pro4 parts because they don't want to be stuck with the inventory. They should at least advise the shops that they can special order the Pro4 parts. The Pro4 I have now is actually my second Pro4 and I figured that, in the past, HPI has been great with parts support which is large reason why I bought both in the first place. Just to give you an idea how much so, I only got rid of my Pro2 a little over a year ago.