R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 07:47 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
No--my mistake. I should have read he's got a T-bar car. My car is a link-mobile (3.2R's), though I'm looking forward to debuting my Darkside Mx2 at our Jan 6-7 event.

For the record, and I'm still experimenting, it's a 3.2R with Parma violet front / grey rear, copper center spring, red side springs, xtra heavy tube lube (though I'll be going back to regular "heavy"). .020 springs, no droop (pod/chassis flat at full extension). Start at 4mm, allow to drift down to 3.5mm on our "bumpier" carpet. One degree camber, zero toe (straight ahead) w/no slop linkage. 5 degree ally camber mounts, shim on either side of the block (centered). Ummm.... Niftech compound, full rear massaged in, 2/3 or so inside on front just daubed on. 272mm tread width at rear.

Finally getting my car to turn a bit better under power, but STILL pushing just a bit.

Merry Christmas to all!

Scottrik
you know dude,you should try the 10 degree blocks again with adding a little ackerman to the setup.maybe a hair of pod droop to get more initial steering.the slight bit of ackerman will increase on power steering but take away from entry.the pod droop should compensate for the loss of entry.is this 19 turn?if so try the jaco wraps.the 2x pink front and rear is money in 19 turn.