R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 07:01 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Going softer on the center spring isn't likely to add MORE steering, I would think it should exacerbate the push by increasing rear bite.

I think purple fronts are too hard if you're running pink rears. Try a softer compound front or a slightly a "harder" rear. For 19 turn on our slightly bumpy carpet (roll out to race) I've found good results with grey rear/violet front (Parma combo tire). I actually went to a copper center spring and red side springs to get my on-power steering where I wanted it.

Scottrik

grey rears would not work out for asphalt.they will wear WAY too fast.especially in 19 turn.even on carpet i run double pinks in 19 turn.i think the only class i ran grey rears is in stock carpet.purple front do suck for 19 turn or mod.i never liked them.they take too long to feel right and by the time they get good its too late. are you running a copper spring with a T bar car?that seems awefully stiff.i know you need stiffer center spring on link cars but T bar cars i never ran heavier than a silver.