R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX5
Thread: MBX5
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 10:31 AM
RYAN BARNES
Tech Regular

Scott- I agree I'm not a big fan of the V-spec either, strong engines but I haven't seen alot of dependability. Your gonna need more power in the MBX5T truggy due to weight and tires. I'm not sure what price range your looking for so I will list good engines and pipes, and "good for the money" engines and pipes. Some of your better choices I would have to go with the Mugen Ninja with Ninja pipe, Nova P5X with Mugen 1005 pipe, or Nova 21plus5 with 1005 pipe. I honestly believe you can run that Mugen 1005 pipe with ANY engine and get more Horsepower! So if you were to go with one of the bargain motors I list below, you may want to try that pipe. For a good deal on a engine I suggest the OS VG or the Sportwerks .21 V2 either engine works with the JP-3. The VG will run you in the $150 range and SW V2 goes for about $165. The VG I have but haven't ran yet, but it's a very nice looking engine, and I really like it's low profile for the buggy. And that SW .21 V2 I think is one of the best kept secrets out there, I just sold one that I had about 5 gallons on, their a 7 port engine and just rip with power!!! Mine was still running flawless but I had a buddy that needed a engine so I cut him a deal. If you end up in the market for a Ninja, PM me because I have 2 right now and would be willing to let my New one go at a real steal, since I'm not running alot of indoor this winter.