R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 06:38 AM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, I must be a the lucky one with these diff screws. Of course, now that I said that, I'll probably break one every run from here on.

yyhayyim - The Surikarn car you have coming from me has Associated diff screws in it. I had to drill out the outdrives to make them fit, but it is well worth it. I NEVER broke a diff screw on that car. I ran it in 19t and stock with no issues what so ever.

Also, the standard (black version) Cyclone that I am running right now has the delrin diffs and using the stock diff screws. I've run this car now for about 6 race weekends - mostly all in 19T - and have not had a problem at all.

What confuses me most is how these things just snap. My buddy Larry has gone through probably 6 diff screws already, 3 of which have been Associated screws. We even changed from aluminum outdrives to delrin ones to see if it made a difference and it seems to have helped somewhat - but they still break.

Moral of the story - I have NO idea what is going on with these diff screws. I fully expected my stock ones to snap within a couple packs, but they have been fine since I built the car. I know this doesn't help anyone and it doesn't help me either. Also, I'm not so sure titanium is the way to go. It's a harder material, but could also be more brittle. Maybe a much higher strength steel is the way to go.

Marcos, maybe we should get Breiner to make some diff screws.