R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 05:45 AM
sleek the elite
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the help guys, I finally got to run the car this weekend at what is basically our State champs and cleaned up in mod with the single lap track record, the heat/race track record and the first place. Needless to say I was very impressed with the car and the setup, it was a very tight carpet track so the right setup helped alot. The associated guys were right there also, but I think the setup just helped that last little bit. One of the Associateds was running a brushless as well, and actually managing to dump a pack of 3000s in the last final !!!! You can imagine how fast that was.

I ended up using the black springs on the rear. I also found out that the droop settings on Matt's setup aren't quite achievable with the shock locations given. Maybe I tightened the shock ends further than he does or something ?? This wasn't really an issue anyway because I was running much larger diameter tires and I am informed that droop is relative to ride height so I had to run an extra 3 or 4 mm anyway.

I managed to join the rear hub club twice on the same pipe join as well as well as ripping the the rod end off the turnbuckle on the exact same piece of pipe. It's definetely not the magnitude of the impact but the angle that determines if it is going to break. The plastic hub that I borrowed after the second breakage seemed to go allright so I might get them instead next time.
I wonder if anyone knows whether the aluminium hubs (or plastic) are available with the offset yet ?