R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 07:24 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
what advantage do you hve when running shorter or longer camber links and what a good position for carpet, and also what i need to do to get more steering out of my bmi chasis turn to right i get good left, i can really see the diffrent how it from stock chasis jason has done a good job on it but need to improve for snowbirds thxs for ur help fellow cyclone drivers
shorter camberlinks will allow the car to roll easier and react faster due to this.it allows the car to roll quickly back and forth.i went with the stock position that is in the instructions.it reacts quickly but is not twitchy.
as for the steering,check your endpoint adjustments and make sure they are equal.the way i set up my steering is first i set my steering trim and sub trim to 0,i set my EPA's to 100%.now i will take my servo horn off the servo and replace it to make sure that the steering rack is perfectly straight.if it is slightly off,you want to adjust it with your sub trim.now i readjust the steering turnbuckles so that the wheels are straight.after this you will want to measure the steering turnbuckles and make sure they are exactly the same length.the even lengths are very important because if they are different lengths it will change your steering geometry from left to right.once this is all set,redo all of your front toe adjustment.when you adjust your toe make sure you maintain even turnbuckle lengths.this should fix your problem buddy.