R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 08:29 AM
peter_robinson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: body of choice

Originally posted by madjack
Well, here is my .O2

I agree with Peter that the Modena is a great choice...but not the only choice any more. At the recent Tamiya 4hr Enduro 8 of the 10 A main entrants were running the Modena, the TQ however was running the new NSX body.

I have seen a number of people running it (NSX) at TA with good success. Rumor has it it is now the sedan body of choice in Japan. Dan & Peter might be able to verify this...ya lucky dogs, way to represent guys!

As for the vette and alteza. The bodies work OK, but are too heavy compared to the Modena in lightweight trim. Every once counts in GT2 & GT3

yeah, I have the NSX order for the GT1 class, but will probably go with the LW Modena in GT3.

Hope this helps

John
i can't say what the body of choice is over there right now...but when i was at the worlds, there were alot of people running the NSX, both new and old style.

but i wouldn't use that race to judge wether or not the body is good, because that race is run on carpet, with no traction additives allowed. Joven Madriaga from the US team used a Corvette almost all of the way through qualifying, and the japanese were amazed to see that that body was working, because they almost never use the corvette over there.

peter