R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 11:24 PM
peter_robinson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mike F
Hey Peter, any more tricks that you want to give out? What options did you use when you had your 04R?
just small things...

i prefer the tamiya rubber sealed bearings over the metal shielded bearings, but for both types, remove the shields, let them soak in mineral spirits to break up the factory grease, and then re-oil them with a thin bearing oil.

contrary to what dan suggested, i don't use the carbon shock towers...here is the reason...

the way that the carbon shock tower attaches to the car is by a long screw and washer behingd the screw... problem is, the hole that is drilled for the screw is slightly to big.

so you can imagine that this leaves the possibility of the tower shifting all over the place, and wreaking havok on your tweak and downtravel settings.

to solve this problem, i just used the plastic towers and attched them with a countersunk screw, this eliminates the possibility of the tower moving arround...granted you do not have the extra hole for shock mounting that the carbon tower provides, but i have never found a need to lay the schocks down that far, and i have been running various versions of the tao4 since the release of the O4 Pro kit.

and if you run TCS always run the Modena body.

peter