R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 04:24 AM
radio_car_racer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerry
i have heard a rumor that xray is making a 1/12 scale for release at the end of the year. if its true then i look forward to running it, they never disapoint
Xray 12th

1/12th Pan Car
This move is another no brainer for Xray and whilst I know less about this rumour I can see the rise in popularity over the last few years of this class to be a major deciding factor for their entry into this form of racing. Also to be considered is that as a major player in the RC industry Xray could easily out promote the current batch of manufacturers in this class who, for the most case, are rather small players in the overall industry.

The Car
Prodution wise, the simplicity of the 1/12th electric pan cars shouldnt offer much in the way of a challenge for Xray to design and construct and if they follow the same approach into this class as with other classes then they could do quite well straight away.

The Team
Again their team of top class electric racers are a perfect fit with most of them actually racing this class but with a different manufacturer. When you consider that the 1/12th Worlds runs the week prior to the 1/10th 190mm Worlds at the same venue and that their team is present during both then you can see even more reasons for Xray to enter this class.

When?
We expect to see these cars announced in the run up to, or during, the Nurnberg toy fair in Germany at the end of January beginning February next year.