R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 06:40 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
the BMI 12th 2-L-bars prototype sort of reminds me of the Yokomo YZ10 that had i beleive a U-bar. looks very nice.

alot of innovation, thinking outside the box, and revisits coming from all directions in the last 2 years:
-new rear pod designs from Trinity, Corally, CEFX, IRS, BMI, etc. etc.
-4-cells down the middle cars from Darkside and Diggity Designs.
-O-bar with 4-cells together from PRC, Rugburn-12
-Frontends or variations from CRC, CEFX, Corally, Laje, and soon BMI
-Molded graphite tub 12th car from Slapmaster
-Numerous conversions and kits available, preventing boredom and sparking
interest

KEEP IT COMING!
i always did like the concept of isolated rear suspension but i always liked the progressive feel of the T bar.this brings both of those into 1 car.completely free forward movement with the center shock controling compression and the flex plates control the side spring tension.the cool thing about it is the feel of the compound twist and compression.i think it is really going to be a winner.or at least im hoping. i will post my test results on sunday.and trust me,if it sucks i have no problem saying so. its all about having a really good handling car to me.i wont sugar coat it.on my first outing with the car,it was on medium bite carpet.the car ran really good and was better than i expected for the rigging i had to do in a very short time.now i have machined all of the ball captures for the rear instead of using modified AE captures.it should be if anything better.