R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I won & TQ'ed the 2nd leg of our NW Indoor Carpet Series at Peel-It in Marysville, Wa a couple of weeks ago with one in 19t class. I ran a Speed 8 all through practice and screwed on a fresh HD in the first heat. I actually thought that it pushed just a "tick" more then the 8 which would explain the High Downforce part of the body. I cut the little vents out to let the air up and out. That body was provided by Korey Harbkey via Paul. Korey was not able to run 12th that weekend, so I was the lucky dog. I thought the body had a good feeling across the board and did not seem to get that steering expo feeling like the 8 does. My first impression of the 8 was the slower you went, the more it turned in... the faster you went, the more it pushed. That might just be me.

I bought another and I am dripping paint across it as we speak. I have another series race this weekend in Tri-Cities and then in Minot, ND the next. I plan on having this one with me!

I ran my new MS2.3A tonight at Rain City. The new steering rack seemed to work very well. At one point, I was on track record pace held by Trav Schreven (that little fast dude!) but failed to pull it off. By the end of the evening, the car was about as good as it gets. The Flex Plate kept the lap times low, the steering did what was required of it.
I like the steering rack setup. It must make it easier to optimize steering geometry.
How does that Tbar setup work? I see a pivot ball in the front with regular tweak screws and a solid plate under the rear pod mounting screws. But what's that in the place of the rear pivot ball assembly?