R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Aaron Waldron
Tech Elite

I can come off as a bit abrasive on the 'net but I mean well, haha. If nothing else, I'd like for everyone with a Losi car to justify their purchase based on customer service. Losi's drivers and company representatives helped me tremendously for the years and years that I was a loyal customer and I would love to be able to pay that forward.

I appreciate the info. I'm trying to collect enough data to make blanket assumptions as to what is causing these problems and see if we can't figure out what's going wrong. Bear with me

minit76 - It does seem to be a theme that people are blowing servos in this car, which makes me think it's not the receiver. If everyone's problems were fixed by putting in new receivers, then well....we'd have a whole new can of worms.

ahsikes - As with anything else, the only people that are on the internet discussing the problems they're having with this kit are those who are having problems! This shouldn't be anything to discourage you from picking up an 8IGHT kit and laughing at how much faster this thing is. It's truly unfair.

You AND Mugenchad, I'd encourage you to never hesitate to e-mail me if you have a problem with Losi stuff. It's the least I can do

Someone made a good point today...that the servo is really only close to the engine case, which doesn't get TOO hot. So maybe the servo heat is internal? I haven't had much time to test that yet.

Turbojoe - Thanks for the kind words! This has really proven to be the one gremlin we've had to face since the release of this car...but rest assured that there are plenty of 8IGHT owners who think the car is just incredible!