R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB Evolution V
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
olhipster1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Rocket

the EVO V group is a small and dedicated group...if you check it's mostly the same guys helping each other out..and every now and then someone joins in because they just got an EVO V (one of the best cars out there) and guess what 3 months from now that person will be giving the same advice to a new comer to the thread. And if anyone is curious...the EVO V is the weapon of choice for Super Stock racing in other parts of the world...car can out handle anything pitted against it..and out pull any car...last time i checked....Tamiya always places it's new innovations/parts on the EVO series before it even gets placed on the 415 series.....i.e., arms...TRF shocks, TRF sway bars, the MRE steering first on EVO V, DJ suspension first on EVO IV, short arms on EVO, last steering assembly on EVO IV before on the 415.

and like most of the racers yes ...check around...we don't like to spend money to get the CF all scuffed shredded or torn apart by track surface...mucho $$$$ or have a pebble rip the drivetrain apart...even more $$$ I've had to throw a car away because of that.
most guys that run on rough surfaces don't spend $300 for a chassis..they get a TA05 or a TC4 or a used Pro4 or a Cyclone S something in that price range...
Most of most guys that run asphalt who buy T2 007, Mi2Ec, 415 MSX or Cyclones, etc...don't go in the local parking lot to race..they drive a hour or two to race on prepped and smooth surfaces.

I've been to quite a number of tracks around the states...and you'll see most racers running either chassis protector or they just run a scrap chassis...when running on rough surfaces.

.02 cents ....now back to EVO V
how are you guys finding the car on med traction carpet?

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-07-2006 at 11:15 PM.