R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Team CRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
In the CRC description on their site I see that the aluminum servo mount is included in the kit. Kudos.

From pics on their site it looks like:

New ball link-style tie rod ends...are these part of the kit?

Car in pics has low roll-center pieces, are these now included in the kit? (still optional in the 3.2R)

Front ride height--I see what look like red standoffs under the lower arm. Are we still using shims (CRC, Fibre-Lyte, etc) to fine-tune front ride height or?

What keeps the tweak/side-spring "bridge" (doesn't span much anymore...) from twisting/pivoting on the standoff? it looks like it's only really attached at the standoff (and, arguably, up through the body).

Looks like it uses the same rear axle assembly we've come to know and love?

Same side-springs? Looks like it.

Thanks,

Scottrik
New ball link-style tie rod ends...are these part of the kit?

*** yes... ball links and ball cups included. Take your pic, there will be 2 extra pieces in the kit for the first release.

Car in pics has low roll-center pieces, are these now included in the kit? (still optional in the 3.2R)

**** yes, included

Front ride height--I see what look like red standoffs under the lower arm. Are we still using shims (CRC, Fibre-Lyte, etc) to fine-tune front ride height or?

**** .187" Red spacers and .157 graphite spacers are for course ride adjusments, CRC shim adjusters for fine ride height adjustments.

What keeps the tweak/side-spring "bridge" (doesn't span much anymore...) from twisting/pivoting on the standoff? it looks like it's only really attached at the standoff (and, arguably, up through the body).

**** 2 standoffs, one very close to the tweak spring, very rigid and precise.

Looks like it uses the same rear axle assembly we've come to know and love?

*** Yes... hubs and axle made by CRC.

Same side-springs? Looks like it.

**** Yes...

*** Thanks! Hope this helps.