Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 PM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the handling of my CK3.2r, I also posted on the crc forum but it wont harm to ask here as well ;-)

I'm experiencing a slight understeer I cant seem to get out of my CK.
I'm running pink in the rear and magenta up front -> why pink: doesnt wear that much... . This should be a good combination with plenty of steering. When the tire sauce is still in the tires -> full rear and 1/4 front, traction is great, a lot of steer throughout the corners and extremely direct. But after 4-5 minutes I start to lose front grip.

Setup is white side springs, corally soft in the tubes (pretty hard though), silver stiff center spring with 50wt oil. 0.20 front springs and 10° reactive caster blocks with the caster shims, 1 in front, 1 in the rear. ride height 3.5mm rear, 3 front (approximately)

Now I was thinking about 2 more things to do and thats make the rear roll center higher or the front roll center lower. If possible make the front one lower, I dont wanna lose rear grip so I should lower the front one, but is this possible??

Does anyone else have other ideas for me??

Thx in advance
i'm a newbie to 12th scale, but have you tryed the purple side springs (hardest) and a even thicker tube oil? this would make the car very responsive and increase mid to exit steering.