Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the handling of my CK3.2r, I also posted on the crc forum but it wont harm to ask here as well ;-)

I'm experiencing a slight understeer I cant seem to get out of my CK.
I'm running pink in the rear and magenta up front -> why pink: doesnt wear that much... . This should be a good combination with plenty of steering. When the tire sauce is still in the tires -> full rear and 1/4 front, traction is great, a lot of steer throughout the corners and extremely direct. But after 4-5 minutes I start to lose front grip.

Setup is white side springs, corally soft in the tubes (pretty hard though), silver stiff center spring with 50wt oil. 0.20 front springs and 10° reactive caster blocks with the caster shims, 1 in front, 1 in the rear. ride height 3.5mm rear, 3 front (approximately)

Now I was thinking about 2 more things to do and thats make the rear roll center higher or the front roll center lower. If possible make the front one lower, I dont wanna lose rear grip so I should lower the front one, but is this possible??

Does anyone else have other ideas for me??

Thx in advance
What surface and which brand of tire traction compound? Also, where are your batteries? Your set-up actually looks like one that should have massive amounts of steering (mag fronts, silver spring) if your on carpet. Raising rear roll center would not be good in my opinion.