R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Rody
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by antoine80
i have started looking for a new engine after the axle damage.. i have some questions..

what are the differences between 5 ports and 3 ports engines?

also at novarossi you can see S and L engines, for instance mine was an LL5, what are the differences?

also something to note, i downloaded some documentation for an O.S. engine and it is much better than Novarossi documentation and for me this matter, although i don't have an opinion if they are better engines.
The LL Series is a long stroke engine, and the LS series is a shorter stroke engine. If your choosing between one of these, the LS is the better engine. If your willing to spend a bit more money, the Plus 12-3CT is in my opinion the best .12 engine on the market. Before i ran Novarossi, i ran OS Speed Tuned and Sirio STI, and i prefer the Plus 12-3CT over both those engines.

As for better packaging and documentation, this will not win you races or make any differnce to the life or performance of the engine. Everything you need to know about a Novarossi engines is on their website, and is very clear and easy to understand.

Cheers