R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:01 PM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default CRC Carpet Knife 3.2R

Just ran my CRC 3.2R on asphalt for the first time after much time driveing 1/10 TOuring car. Ran the 1/12 with Novak 4.5R(that's what I'm used to), but folks here tell me its too much for 1/12 scale, and that I should be running Novak 5.5R at the most for these cars, and that even the pros drive 10x1 motors...is this true? Anyone here tried driving 1/12 with Novak 4.5R and think its too much for these cars...I cannot tell since I dont know what they are supposed to feel like, since I have no experience driving 1/12 scale and cannot really judge at this point. It was a bit tough to handle went punching it down the straight...if you dont have it perfectly straight, you can be in trouble as it just slides/glides to the sides and becomes twitchy. After working on set ups, had to turn down D/R to about 70%, amongst other things on the radio. BUt overall, it was driving pretty well, at least I think so, but nothing like what I saw on orion website on those worlds racing videos...talk about geting dialed, and fast...I'd like to get close to that...running rear CRC pro cut pink and front purples.