R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I know with TC's on foam, tire choice is pretty simple, (dbl pink/dbl pink orange if you're using Jaco) is it pretty much the same with 1/12th?
Jon-it depends a bit on which car and brand of tires you choose. If jaco-youve got all the standard tires and then the wraps. I havent run jacos in ages-so someone else will have to fill you in.

If your running Parma then its Purple front Grey rear 90% of the time for stock. In mod its Magenta front and Pink rears 90% of the time.

Now-not to toss a wrench in things, but link cars sometimes like Parma black or purple fronts and White or Grey rears. Ive always thought tire comobination in link cars is more critical than on a t-bar car-like it can make a link car go from "well its not bad" to "holy-crap its dialed".

And I also like Parma Violets on the front in 19t. Its quite a bit more steering than purple, but wont make car edgy like a Magenta will. Sometimes Violets work in stock too, but rarely.

Now lastly there are CRC High Rollers. Its CRC answer to wraps. A large diameter rim. Seem to work very well on there 3.2r, but again-I never tried them.