R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Daf
Tech Rookie

Itchy,
I take it this was at Hoppers where you did the front gear - I heard that there were many other cars that finished the day not running today after meeting the boards.

I have been running the Evo 3 at Templestowe after the debut(not too successful - driver to blame!) at the summer Nats and after doing one gear at the S/N due to the Tamiya threadlock backing out I have not had a problem since and I have given a few boards a few nudges (and had one monumental!). I think that it is like most race cars - given the right type of impact and something will break (better a gear than a uni or oneway!)- other types of impacts and the car survives. There is no black box onboard to workout why either!

I think it is like most shaft drive cars with no give in the drive train (a belt will give ever so slightly) that if the mesh is not right then the teeth will let go in an impact - I have had it happen on a predator, TC3, and other strange gearboxes, all when the screws backed out and let the mesh open up.

Don't give up on the car, it is just too good for that.

PS Sorry I wont be able to see you at Hoppers - I have another Race meet on the Sunday

Last edited by Daf; 02-02-2003 at 03:57 AM.