R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
JimmyMac
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't broken a thing on any of my Yokomo's period. But I have broken a Carrier and bent a CVD/bone on my 414M2. Of course I've broken tons of stuff on my TC3 and XXX-S. Anyways, Tamiya has always seemed expensive on parts. But then again, what company lets you race for free at their races and win nice prizes? That and they send you to Japan if you are really that good! I dunno...... Now having lived in Japan, I did qualify for one of the Yokomo Races. But I never went. Anyways, I'm babbling here... Nothing wrong with Tamiya. They are very durable cars. Perhaps if there was more Stateside interest, parts would be cheaper. I dunno..... blah blah blah.....

Anyone have a good carpet setup for a 414M2? Gonna race mine at the Snowbirds. But I'm goin in it blind with this car on carpet. I would normally race my TC3. But I just unloaded it (maybe a very bad call for this race). I'll be using Yok 26mm Foams since my Jaco 28s don't fit. I did manage to try the car once with my asphalt setups (close to worlds setup.) Except I ran 80wt all around. Seemed fine with a oneway.... But I'm gonna run again this Saturday to see for sure. Would like some extra setups to try. Perhaps my AE White Springs.... Any suggestions? Thanks...